Sunday, November 27, 2011

Magpie Tales 93: Occupy Perspective

Photo provided by Tess Kincaid

Occupy Ruby Slippers: 
There's No Place Like Home 


Maybe now I can get some peace and quiet. 
Cops finally ran those assholes outta my home. 
Idiots had no dignity, pissin and crappin all over,
smellin up the neighborhood and I couldn't get no 
fuckin sleep.  Don't know and frankly don't give 
a shit what their bitchin was all about.  I just want 
some goddamn respect.  And quiet.  Jesus freakin 
Christ, at least the rich bastards they're pissed at 
will toss me a buck or two once in a while, but 
these little shits - nooo -  they just sat on my sofa 
for weeks and fingered those blackberry 
somethingorothers and wouldn't leave me the hell alone. 
Mad cause they gotta pay for school or some such 
crap.  Yep, everybody's got somethin to bitch about. 
Some assholes have an axe to grind and some have 
their crosses to bear.  I just wanna have a drink and 
lay down for a while.  Finally.  Shit, finally I can 
stretch out on the sofa and have some peace and 
quiet. 


               ©Dumitru Burlacu, Child of the streets, Bucharest, Romania, 2003




                                © Barry Lewis/In Pictures/Corbis




©2011 R. Burnett Baker 

8 comments:

  1. Occupy Ruby Slippers...brilliant Rick...

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny i think many of them...at least the real ones just want a little respect as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a decidedly gray post. Good job, Rick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool view of the prompt, and well written.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant observation, just brilliant!

    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice description of the life of someone homeless

    ReplyDelete