Friday, November 1, 2013

Crossings: Looking Forward



In the foreground of this photo is my close friend Louis.  We worked together in Saudi Arabia and Singapore many years ago.  I've seen his children born, grown, and now with children of their own.

We went to Little India one night two weeks ago in Singapore for dinner at Banana Leaf Apolo, a place we used to eat when I lived there.  Afterward, we sat for a couple of hours over coffee at the food stalls and talked of old times.

I hadn't noticed him in this photo before tonight, and actually, hadn't really notice the photo at all among over 2400 I took during my recent trip.  For some reason I was drawn to it and just wrote this poem for it.

                            Click on photo to embiggen and read: 


































Poem © 2013 Rick Burnett Baker
Photo © 2013 Rick Burnett Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment