Friday, December 2, 2022

REALIZE

 

Realize

“Realize,” I whisper to myself, “you have it pretty good. Roof over your head, food, freedom of movement, (even though your personal mobility is temporarily disabled) and the luxury of complaining about things.”
“Realize,” I answer back, “life is taking natural, sometimes unpleasant paths that we all expect and comprehend, yet resist with all our emotional and intellectual wherewithal.” 
There are lulls in life, some voluntary and others brought on by the natural, unpleasant paths previously mentioned. Surely I’ve experienced such periods in my past. I simply don’t remember them as I’m recognizing and will no doubt remember this current one in the future, assuming there is a future. 
When all’s said and done, what relevance to the great scheme of things do our efforts hold to the relativity of all that’s come before and all to come before the great void? That’s a rhetorical question that manifests in all of us at different and similar times, and in different ways throughout life. Answers will come, hopefully, at varying times, or in some cases, not at all. I’m anticipating the former.





©Rick Burnett Baker
Rochester, NY

No comments:

Post a Comment